Friday, October 12, 2007

National Lottery

Hmmm.....you know what this nation needs? It needs a national lottery. One where everyone is automatically entered every time they take taxes out of your paycheck. One dollar from everyone who is working for a living every week. Then they pull a name at random from those same tax files and that person gets the money. Tax free. You'd have to start paying taxes the next year on any money you had left, but for that year, you get all of the money and tax immunity.

I wonder how many people there are in the US who work for a living. It's got to be in the millions if not the hundred millions. I know I'd love to get that much money.

I know, I know: the love of money is the root of all evil, right? I don't want the money because I love money. I want the money so I wouldn't have to work anymore. Let me invest most of it, take enough of the proceeds for my family and I to live on comfortably and I'd give away the rest. Which, given how money tends to have its own particular sort of gravity, would end up being a job in itself.

6 comments:

Baba Doodlius said...

You know, of course, who would win this proposed lottery:

Dick Cheney.

Moooooog35 said...

No, Baba - the winner of this lottery would be the same as the winners of all lotteries:

Some 90-year old couple living in a double-wide in Kansas.

..last name: Cheney.

..so I guess you're right.

JSizzle said...

well i love the idea but you know easy money goes out realy fast

Simon said...

I have always thought it is strange that most lottery winners are retired seniors. A conspiracy?

Morthax said...

Yep. AARP has them all rigged.

Rutu said...

what an idea!! :)
Hey and thanks for linking to my blog.
-Seasons